Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Attempts

I have no idea what I am doing. However, that has never stopped me before.
I have just recently turned 30 and I have decided to take God at His word. In John 10:10 Jesus says, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

What does a full life look like? What does it mean to have a heart like John the Baptizer and say "He must increase and I must decrease."? I don't really know. All I know is that I have tried to do it my way for 30 years. They have been a great 30 years, but I am tired of the same old boring life. You know the one I am talking about. Get up, get dress, go to work, come home, make supper and go to bed. I want my life to matter. I know the only way for that to occur is if I am letting my Savior Jesus lead that path.

I don't know where this experiment will take me. I don't know what He has planned. What I do know is that His word is true and it is about time I take Him at His word.

So here we go, Lord. You are the author and main character in this play called life. Teach me to be a supporting cast member that You have decided to use. Prepare me as the curtain is about to go up.

1 comment:

  1. ooh! i'm anxious to ride along on the adventure! :) and by the way - welcome to the blogging world. it's fun! :)

    ReplyDelete