Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Psalm 27

This morning I am reading through the Psalms and read 27 and 28. My faith family is reading through a Psalm a day and then discussing it. I went back to 27 because I missed reading it yesterday. These were the two verses that stuck out to me:

4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

The first verse is in an old Beautiful Feet CD and I memorized many moons ago. It always gave comfort and I have used it as a prayer before. The 14th verse I also know. But it is difficult wait.

I feel like I am in a waiting period right now and I am not exactly sure why. Things are going great. I am moving in a couple weeks into a new house. My job is going really well. I finally think I know who God has created me to be, a leader. I just got done with helping plan a great woman's retreat for Grace. Is it because I feel like all of these things are coming to a head and I don't know what the next step is? A friend last night put as her status she is tired of the same 'ol. Is that what my fear is? The same 'ol.

Lord, I don't know what the future holds, but You do. You don't desire for me to live a mundane life. You can transform the most mundane thing like folding laundry in to divine things. Please teach me that. Make the cry of my heart to ask only one thing, to gaze upon the beauty of Your face and to seek you above all else.

1 comment:

  1. becky, you have a beautiful heart. you just do. i love it. :)

    ReplyDelete