Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jesus Brought the Rain & A Revelation

I am sitting on my deck listening to music. Right now it is MercyMe with the song Bring the Rain. For those of you that don't know some of the lyrics are:

It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
I have just come through one of "these" time...

And I can say that the Lord used the past week to draw me closer to Him.
I am astonished at my pride and selfishness. I know I shouldn't be. I am utterly depraved apart from Christ. Intellectually I know this, but Jesus held up a mirror and I saw myself for who I really was. I didn't shy away or turn my head. I let Him show me and I didn't like what I saw. In fact it made me sick. Thank you Jesus that I don't have to be that way and live like that.

Monday night we had bible study here. We are doing a study on Mary Magdalene. I think my group had a really great discussion. Well, I am not that sure if it was much of a discussion as me "preaching". I was getting fired up. It was so much fun. We were talking about the fact that no where in the Bible does it say that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. We know that the Lord delivered her from 7 demons. One of the questions is are you disappointed that she was that "type" of bad girl? Honestly for me, not at all. In fact I like her more! I don't have that type of sin in my past so I have a difficult time relating to those that do. However, I have a been a slave to my sin and to Satan. It was before I came to know Christ. She was literally possessed my evil and Jesus freed her from that. I might not have been possessed my demons, but I have had my little secret sins that have seemed to rule my life and Jesus has set me free from them. I was kind of explaining this to the girls and I was getting really excited and a little giddy.

That is when I feel real joy. When I am telling someone about what Jesus has done for me, when I am telling someone about the difference He has made in my life, THAT is when I am truly living. How can I forget that? Why am I so easily swayed?

** Revelation**
I have come to the conclusion, THAT, for me, is what it means to live a full life.

What type of implications does that mean??? Ha, I have absolutely no idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment