Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love letter

We are having an "anti-valentines" day party here tomorrow. I have not really had anything to do with planning it. Everyone is getting excited. We are going to have foods you should never have on a first day like bbq and things with a lot of garlic and onions. We might watch a movie (chick flicks totally not allowed). Some are going to dress up in costumes. I think I will just be in really baggy sweatpants and a hoodie. It will be a lot of fun.

However, I am trying to write a love letter from Jesus to give to these ladies. We are all currently single and some are a little bitter about that. I want to relay the joy and hope that I have in Jesus. I have to admit I am having some problems putting it into words. Perhaps I am not exactly sure what is supposed to go in a love letter. ;) Perhaps it is because I don't want it to read just like a lot of bible verses stuck together, but with a lot of biblical truths included. I don't know but here it is:
To my beautiful girl,

You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence and my eyes fill when I see the virtues in your heart. Your eyes: don’t change them. Your lips: how lovely when they part in prayer. Your nose: so perfect in form. Your hands: so gentle to touch. I’ve caressed your face in your deepest sleep. I’ve held your heart close to mine. How beautiful you are my darling. Oh, how beautiful. I am enthralled with your beauty. You shape is beautiful because I knit you together and I don’t make mistakes. You are so precious to me that I have lovingly counted every hair on your head. I know the measure of your days and have great plans for you.

Any pain you have known I have walked with you through. Your loneliness: I have experienced it. Your shame: I have covered it. Your shattered dreams: I will redeem them. Your future: I hold in my hands. It may not be what you have planned, but my gifts are perfect and just what you need at the right time.

You are mine. I have bought you with the most costly thing that I have, my blood. Because of that you are my bride, clothed in white. I promise my devotion and grace. Nothing and no one can snatch you out of my hand. I love you with an unfailing love. I will never leave you and never forsake you.

I long to spend time with you. To hear your heart and have you hear mine. I long for you to rest in my arms. Do not let sin push us apart. I scan the horizon looking for you return. When will you turn back to me, my beautiful one? Remember how I rejoiced over you when we were first together? Remember your first love and return to me with your whole heart.

Patiently waiting.

Your heavenly husband,
Jesus

I am going to put it on a piece of construction paper and give it to each girl. I hope they like it.

Jesus, I pray that this is an accurate picture of what you are trying to tell us. I know you love us and I want these ladies to know that as well... If anything is miss-worded please redeem my failings. Thank you and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment