Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Long Day

Ever have a day when it seems like it takes forever? Today was one of those days. I was/am so stressed about this move that I was in a really bad mood all day. It was like if anyone got in my way I was going to take their head off. Not a good place to be. So I came home, fixed some food and spent some time in the Word.

For Mug n' a Muffin bible study we are working on the names of God. This is the last week and I finished the prep work for it tonight. We are looking at God is my Banner and El Shaddi (God Almighty). Looking at these attributes reminded me that my momentary stress is nothing to get worked up about. God has been so evident in me getting this house. Why do I doubt that He would see it through to the end? Even if for some reason this was not to be then His plan would be better than mine. I really do believe that, but sometimes I need to remind myself.

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Lord, I want to trust. I want to rest in You, even when this world is pulling me in so many directions. I want to believe, please help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment