Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Memories and Home

Yesterday my parent's had to put my dog back home down. He was old. To be honest we were surprised he made it though the winter. But as I sit here in my new home it almost feels fitting. Old things die, new things come and change is the only constant. However that isn't the way that it was supposed to be. Some times I just long for heaven. This is one of those mornings.

To not have things die and be gone. For the only thing to be changing is me and how well I know my Savior. Oh, how I long for that day. For the worries of this world to pass away and all things come into focus because I will see Jesus face to face. I will understand what it says in 1 Corinthians 13 when is states, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

I admit I don't understand what that means. I know what it says, but to understand that I am fulling known and live my life with that assurance... To be confident in God's plan that it is what is in fact best for be because I am fully known...

This house that I am sitting in isn't quite a home yet. There are too many boxes around and too many places and things that haven't been cleaned by me. And yet, this is my home. God has graciously given to me. I didn't deserve it. But he had it to be and His hand has been so evident in the entire event. He knew what I wanted better than I did. He knows this is a learning opportunity. What will it take for me to make this home. How can this become a home when I am an alien in this world and all I do is long for my heavenly home... What does this portion of my full life adventure look like?

I don't know, but I rest in the fact that He does and that is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment