Friday, May 14, 2010

Pray, Just Pray... closing day

I was killing time in Kohl’s as I was waiting to sign paperwork for my new house. I admit it I was stressing and not really paying much attention. All of the sudden I heard this song on their PA system. Now usually I don’t pay much attention to the canned music that is in stores. I worked at Sears for too many years to really have much appreciation for the Musak that is going on. However the words struck me on this song. I had never heard it before. It was something like:

Pray, just pray. Take the weight off your shoulders and put it on me…

I will have to look up that song when I get home.

It really struck me. I hadn’t been seeking His face as everything is in the process of being wrapped up with this gift He has provided for me. I was so caught up in the details that I forgot the author of this entire event. How arrogant of me.

Lord, thank you that you are an awesome God who loves me more than I deserve. You have blessed me with amazing family and friends. They pitch in with so little asking and give some much of themselves. You have provided this house. I pray that I am able to remember it as a monument to the blessings that you so freely give. I have such a skewed view of your character. Forgive me for my pride in thinking that I have You all “figured out”. Your character is so much more than I give You credit for. I put you in a box that makes me comfortable and You are not confined to a box and you are not a comfortable God. You are an all consuming fire, a Jealous God that wants all of me. Yet, I am so unwilling to let you have even a portion. Thank you for all that you have done on my behalf and make me a grateful woman that desires you!

OK, so I got home and looked up the song. It isn’t “Pray, just Pray” It was Breath by Ryan Star. I totally got the words wrong by listening, but that even makes it so much funnier ☺ and totally God.

No comments:

Post a Comment