Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday nights are always one of my favorite times of the week. It is a time to get together with my faith family. God has really been showing me lately that even though I am single I have a family. It is made up of more than just my mom and dad, Ben and Brenda. I have a group of beloved aunts, uncles and cousins. Those aunts, uncles and cousins do not share any portion of my DNA, but we share something much more important. We share blood. Namely the Blood of Christ. I feel closer to this family than to my own sometimes.

I can share things that God is teaching me and they can share encouragement that I know will be backed up with a scriptural background. They have been pursuing His face that week so that when I have a request or question I know that I can feel secure in the answer. That doesn't mean that I can not continue to compare it scripture, but at least I know that scripture is something that probably has gone through their head before it comes out of their mouth.

Which leads me to the sermon this morning. Brooks said a couple of things that really go me this morning. Here are the quotes I wrote down (of course paraphrased)

How is it that we know that the internet (the information superhighway) is full of garbage and yet assume that the cosmic, spiritual realm is not full of garbage?

Supernatural does not equal divine.

Both of these sayings made me think a lot about Ben and Brenda. They are blinded to the Truth with their new age "stuff"! I have forgotten about that for so long. I have not been faithful about interceding for them. Since a little bit of reconciliation has been occurring with my family I have lost the passion to pray for them that I once had. There was a time that I would burst into tears when thinking about them. I have become so hardened against them. Thank you, Lord, that You love them so much more than I do. Please draw them to You and show up in their lives in ways that cannot be explained away. I know that no one comes to You unless you have drawn them and I also know that You desire that none should perish. Lord, move! Woo them to you and put a fire in their hearts that cannot be quenched except by You. For that matter, put a fire in me that cannot be quenched by anything but You!

I know I posted it earlier this week, but make this the prayer of my heart.
Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment